To be legitimately hitched in Washington state, you need to:
- Submit an application for and get a wedding permit
- Be involved in a civil or ceremony that is religious Washington State
- Complete and return the Department of Health Certificate of wedding
Partners may make an application for a Washington State wedding permit face-to-face or by mail through the tracking Division. After getting a finished fee and application, we’ll issue a permit to utilize at your ceremony.
The permit is valid (can be utilized) the next complete time after Recording dilemmas you the permit and expires 60 times after being given. The 3 time waiting duration can’t be waived under any scenario, including court purchase.
The quickest means to receive a married relationship permit is always to submit the application online, then get and purchase your permit at the very least three times prior koreancupid desktop to the wedding.
- Fill in a wedding permit application on the internet and make note of one’s verification quantity.
- Go to the Snohomish County customer care Center to accomplish the procedure. Both events must certanly be current unless one celebration has recently finalized the program in the front of the notary.
- Sign your completed application and spend the $70.00 cost by money, check, cash purchase, or card.
- Recording staff will provide you with your wedding permit, a certification of Marriage, as well as a given information packet.
If using by mail, we advice publishing the finished and application that is notarized re re payment thirty days before your marriage service. This may enable Recording the time to process the program and deliver your permit by mail.
- Download the Wedding Permit Application (PDF).
- Complete the application form in blue or black colored ink in clear, legible writing.
- Sign the application form in the front of the notary while having them signal it and connect their seal.
- Add a cash purchase or cashier’s look for $70.00, payable towards the Snohomish County Auditor. Individual checks aren’t accepted.
- Mail the finished application and fee to County that is: Snohomish Auditor’s – Recording Division300 Rockefeller Ave M/S 204Everett, WA 98201
- The Recording Division will process the application and mail you your wedding permit, a certification of Marriage, and a given information packet.
When you have gotten your wedding permit, your ceremony has to take destination within 60 times after Recording released your wedding permit. The license can be maybe not legitimate until 3 days after being given. The 3 time waiting duration may not be waived under any situation, including court order. The license becomes void and you must apply again if your ceremony does not take place in this window of time.
The ceremony can be executed by:
- Licensed or ministers being ordained priests of every church or denomination
- Supreme Court Justices and Commissioners
- Court of Appeals Judges and Commissioners
- Superior Court Judges and Commissioners
- Judges and Commissioners of courts of restricted jurisdiction
- Judges of tribal courts from a federally recognized tribe
The tracking Division keeps a summary of neighborhood judges and commissioners offered to perform ceremonies. Please contact the judge or commissioner straight. A cost may use.
The officiant whom executes your ceremony has thirty days through the date for the ceremony to go back the Department of Health Certificate of Marriage towards the tracking Division. The certification should be came back towards the Snohomish County tracking Division, no matter if the ceremony happened an additional county.
The tracking Division will validate and record the certification. As soon as this method is complete, you may request certified copies of one’s wedding certification. Certified copies can be utilized as evidence of wedding. Certified copies are not immediately delivered to married people.
You should return in person to the Snohomish County Customer Service Center with the completed Certificate of Marriage if you need a certified copy immediately after your ceremony.